Let’s work together to implement a positive behaviour change plan that is goal-based, collaborative and fully customized to the needs of you and your dog.
Virtual Training Available
Evening and Weekend Availability
In-home Training Available
Positive Reinforcement and Fear Free
Issues such as:
- Attacking others
- Growling at children
- Stalking other animals
We will look at your dog’s behaviour, their learning history, genetics, environment, health and emotions to find the best way to help them. We will work closely with veterinarians, veterinary behaviorists and other animal specialists to ensure your dog is getting the care that’s best for their individual needs.
Things we can work on:
- Leash skills
- Basic obedience
- Potty training
We’ll work together to help set your puppy up for success in any situation. Puppy training offers you an opportunity to learn the right approach for educating and socializing your pup. We will instill lifelong habits that will make your puppy a happy and healthy dog.
Issues such as:
- Reactive urination
- Separation anxiety
- Antisocial behaviour
Your dog doesn’t need to live in fear. As with aggression, we will work collaboratively with veterinarians and veterinary behaviourists to find the best way to help your dog feel better. Through building coping mechanisms, providing safe environments and lots of love, we can help your dog live their life without all the stress.
Things you can learn to do:
- Leash Skills: learn how to have a relaxing walk with your dog
- Off-Leash Skills: Help your dog learn to not just come when called, but to actively check in and stay close when off leash
- Settling Skills: Help your dog feel more relaxed and safe by teaching them to chill out on a mat, bed, at your feet or in a crate while at home, visiting friends or at the vet.
- Polite and Patient Skills: Help your dog be relaxed around
Help your dog learn how to be patient and polite around food, people, other dogs, toys, thresholds and barriers. We’ll work together to create a plan which supports your dog’s behavioural health. Once we meet our dogs’ needs, we set the stage for them to be happier, more fulfilled and responsive companions.
From a young age I have been very interested and empathetic toward animals. I wanted to know why they behave the way they do and how they process the world around them. My experience began with my first family dog, a Boxer. He would often act aggressive toward people and other dogs. I tried trainers and obedience classes but nothing seemed to improve his temperament. The approach seemed ineffective, so I had to look for a different way that went beyond “sit” and “stay”. Through this work I began to unravel the complex social structures inherent in canines and how their emotions influenced their worldview. Not only did my perspective change, but so did my Boxer’s and it became clear that this was a skill I wanted to grow in order to help others achieve the best relationship possible with their dogs.
Courses and certifications:
- Dog Psychology and Behavioural Management – ACS Distance Education
- Dog Emotion and Cognition – Duke University
- Applied Animal Behaviour and Animal Welfare – The University of Edinburgh
- Lemonade Conference (2020, 2021)
- Aggression in Dogs: Defensive Handling and Training Workshop
- The Aggression in Dogs Conference
- Treat-Retreat with Suzanne Clothier
- La Senda Verde Wildlife Sanctuary, Bolivia – (worked with Andean Spectacled Bear, seven species of Monkey, wide variety of Birds, Reptiles and Amphibians)
- Elephant Nature Park, Thailand – (worked in Dog Rescue & Medical Rehab Clinic)
- Naankuse Foundation Wildlife Sanctuary, Namibia – (worked with Lions, Leopards, Cheetahs (other big cats), Warthog, Baboons, Meerkat, and Horses)
- Training For New Hope Dog Rescue
- Animal Behaviour and Welfare Club – Western College of Veterinary Medicine (UofS) (2019, 2020)
Lea is very knowledgeable, kind, patient, compassionate and pleasure to work with! Our dog has improved so much since she started working with him and we started implementing her techniques and our dog absolutely adores her. We would very very highly recommend her to anyone! We told our family and friends that she’s our dog whisperer since with her help we accomplished stuff with our dog that we never thought were possible. Lea is very, very highly recommended!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Can’t say this enough. I got a new puppy and was researching how to crate train. There were so many different opinions- let them whine it out, leave them in for a certain amount of time, etc etc. Nothing was working, I was getting no sleep and my puppy was whining regardless of what I did.
We worked a few sessions together and it made the biggest difference. TODAY HE EVEN WENT INTO THE CRATE ON HIS OWN TO NAP! I can’t believe it.
Thank you, Lea!
How long are the training sessions?
Should I put the other animals in the home away during the training session?
Where are the sessions held?
Do you charge extra for more than one dog in the home?
How old should my puppy be before we start training?
How long should I wait between bookings?
How can I book a private or online session with you?
How can I pay?
Appointments are available six days a week including evenings and weekends to accommodate those with busy schedules. Greater Vancouver Area training includes: North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Richmond and New West.
You can find articles on puppies, training advice, experiences abroad and various animals.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Will be available for in-person training sessions in Saskatoon, SK from Sept 20th – Sept 29th! Only virtual training will be available for the Greater Vancouver area during that time.
Dog trainer | Dog Behaviour Consultant | Traveler
Learn the language of dogs though a positive and science backed approach